Question hagen elite filters - any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was looking for a back up canister for my 400 litre and the lfs guy was pushing me towards one of these. It is a lot cheaper than an EHEIM and the set up looks OK but I am curious to know if anyone has any experience with them.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I haven't had any direct experience with the canisters. I didn't like the elite internal filter.

As a backup, and as long as you can put your established media in it (if the other one fails), I think you'd be fine. You need to be able to put your established media in it to maintain the cycle.

I would also check out some of the online shops. I got my Eheim from this place () and it was $50AUD cheaper than any LFS/LPS

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yes, I had Elite Stingrays, and the number of fish that got stuck in the back of them unable to get out and dying (even after modification) was ridiculous, so I would steer clear of anything but HOBs now. I have had 0 deaths due to HOBs, but nearly 10 with the stingrays...

Having said that, my fry tank and betta tank has an Elite mini internal filter, which is very good. (Although only for small tanks).

I am wary of these filters though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 67 67.0%

Top Bottom