Had this ever happened to you before when you order online?

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I finally decided to replace my three bags flourite with two bags eco-complete for my 40 gallon because the flourite I got was way too sharp.

Before I made the purchase, I sent thatpetplace an email to show them the photo I took of the "broken glass like" flourite they sent to me.

They told me that they use it themselves in their fish tanks. Since I already opened all 3 bags, they could not take them back.

Although they offered free shipping on my next purchase if I order Eco-complete from them. (I was told I have to email them the order number to get refund on shipping fee which is $8.99.)

So I did.

I ordered 2 bags of Eco-complete. And I emailed them for the refund on shipping fee. I was asked to give the 3 digits on the back of my credit card...and I did.(which now makes me wonder)

As for the Eco-complete, they were clearly show "In stock" when I made final click.

When I got an email of shipping confirmation, I was told that only 1 bag of Eco-complete was sent, while the other one was on back order due to "Out of Stock" !!

How could that be? Is that some kind of joke? Consider it just became available again on the day I made my purchase.

So I just received one bag of eco-complete today...and I can do nothing with my aquarium with just this one bag.

Isn't it lame?

I sent them one email last Thursday about this, while asking for the confirmation on shipping refund as they promised.
No reply yet.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just a guess, if they just got it in, they could have been filling back orders and you were lucky enough to get a bag out of that order.

That was nice that they gave you free shipping.

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I agree with Lucy it was nice of them to give you free shipping. I understand them not taking back the fluorite if it was used. The other bag of Eco complete will probably show up soon.

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Too bad for me, one bag of eco-complete = not sending me any at all lol.

I am waiting to redo the substrate so I can plant some plants... then wait the plants to settle before I add fish.

It's going to take a very long time, and everything is slowing my plan down lol.

Also, lots of out of stock items on thatpetplace usually stay out of stock for a very long time.

On the top of that, the cycle in this 40 gallon tank is almost done...with flourite as substrate. I don't know how much impact it will be when I replace flourite with eco-complete. How much % of the total bacterias would be in the average 2~2.5 inch of flourite? I would think the surface areas of the substrate is more than all of the other objects combine...except the filter media.

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I've switched substrate before without any problems. I have no idea what the actual percentage is

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads