Had another guppy pop babies

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Makena95'GT, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Makena95'GT

Makena95'GT Well Known Member Member

Hah, what an odd way to say it. Most of my pregnant females are in a 15 gallon. Which has a decent amount of hiding areas for fry, but I still like to try and separate them to my grow-out tank. My plan is to get all my girls to finish being preggers and keep them separated from the males until I get some nicer boys.

Anyways, I had a momma give birth to a little over 30 fry on the morning of the 5th. Pics of the fry in the breeder and the 15 gallon:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354848511.823867.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354848534.244720.jpg
    [​IMG]

One a girl gives birth she gets moved to a 40 gallon. The boys are in a 20 gallon. Only 3 of them.

I moved the fry to my 5.5 gallon grow out tank today. All but one made it. He got squished by the net when I tried coaxing him into the acclimating container :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354848697.894865.jpg

Once the fry get a couple of months old, they go back in the 15G. Hopefully by then my girls will be done making babies :) they should all pop within the next two weeks it looks like.

2. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Guppies are never done making babies :)

3. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

I like your tank! Looks really nice. :)

4. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

LOL I know. OnceI get the fry I want the rest will be sold on the cheap to student in the aquatic science class as well as used to feed the Convicts :)

5. fishaddiction

fishaddiction Valued Member Member

That's cool. :)

6. w

wierdoinabowl3498 Valued Member Member

really nice tank set up. what kind of guppies do you have?

7. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

Aw thanks :)
    I actually don't know. These were all given to the school. I know theres 2 Cobra males and a fancy male. As for the girls, who knows >.>

8. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

How are the babies doing?

9. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

They're all doing well. I have a fry blog in the members blog area. I'd post a link but I only get on via an app in my phone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice