HA I am smarter than the fish!

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I couldn't get Cobalt to eat the fish medecine gel-- So I covered his pellets in it. Fooled Fishy! Just thought you all should know.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
I couldn't get Cobalt to eat the fish medecine gel-- So I covered his pellets in it. Fooled Fishy! Just thought you all should know.
Hooray! Score 1 for the humans!

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
Cobalt is at this moment plotting his revenge. Trust me.

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Genie said:
Thats great!! LOL!!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
emilai333 said:
Cobalt is at this moment plotting his revenge. Trust me.
hmm.. i would say "Don't go in the water!" (Read my post about Aslan in the funny betta stories)

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can tell that Cobalt is up to something-- he's been acting Fishy -- ha pun intended. But seriously he is up to no good! ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
I can tell that Cobalt is up to something-- he's been acting Fishy -- ha pun intended. But seriously he is up to no good! ;D
Good to hear from you - I was wondering if Cobalt got ya

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, he hasn't got me yet, but I did stick my finger in the tank, and he tried a nibble. I think he thought I had food. I rearranged his tank during the "tank cleaning fiasco" so the new setup is keeping him busy. He likes to swim through the cords and airline tubing loops. I think he is a circus fish!! ha ha. One more day of meds. Is there anything that I can put in his water to promote fin regrowth after the meds?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
Well, he hasn't got me yet, but I did stick my finger in the tank, and he tried a nibble. I think he thought I had food. I rearranged his tank during the "tank cleaning fiasco" so the new setup is keeping him busy. He likes to swim through the cords and airline tubing loops. I think he is a circus fish!! ha ha. One more day of meds. Is there anything that I can put in his water to promote fin regrowth after the meds?
LOL.. he is like our Aslan (who almost ate my hand off yesterday) - he loves swimming through loops in this big plant he has with LONG leaves/fronds, whatever they are.. lol

I'd post a new topic to get advice on the best products for fin regrowth out there from members who've been in the Betta world a while. I think NovAqua+ or Prime are popular choices, but not 100% on that. ??? Sorry I'm not more help on that one. I'm glad he's doing good and will be over that fin rot soon.

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The fins will grow back on their own. It will take some time, maybe even a few months before you see anything. Just make sure you keep his water very clean and do your water changes and gravel vacs regularly. Clean water conditions are the best thing. You just have to be patient. Fins take time to grow.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Phloxface said:
The fins will grow back on their own. It will take some time, maybe even a few months before you see anything. Just make sure you keep his water very clean and do your water changes and gravel vacs regularly. Clean water conditions are the best thing. You just have to be patient. Fins take time to grow.
Yea, that's true phloxface.. our Aslan had torn his fins a bit on a piece of decor that seemed alright, but is now gone as we're pretty sure he's not nipping his own fins.. We've not been treating him & he now has a lot of white at the ends. I know the meds might speed it up & I'm all for finding the best if that's the route you want to go, we each need to follow the course we feel best for our babies, but they are good little fin-healers left to their own in good clean water & maybe some extra vitamins just to build their systems up naturally. Aslan loves his Betta vitamin pellets. ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom