h.rasborus smallest tank size? Question

1. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Profile states 20g minimum, have read 10g ok. Would a 10g be ok w/ 5? In the 55g they generally hang in a space equivalant to 10g, same spot all the time. I want a dark blackwater set up for them.

2. Awesome Initiate Member

With active, boisterous species such as Harlequin Rasboras that will usually be seen all around the tank swimming at fast speeds I would recommend a tank of around 20 gallons for the best results, in A tank of around this size they will be much happier opposed to a smaller tank of around 10 gallons

3. Ladayen Member Member

My harlequins are fairly active and swim all over my 60g, so I wouldn't think a 10g would be big enough at all. Interesting that yours dont move around so much. I wonder if another species is containing them there. Then again, if you only have 5 they may not feel all that secure. I got 14 I think it is.

4. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

They hang out w/ the 11 zebra danios at the top.

5. Ladayen Member Member

Erm... and your Zebra Danios dont move around much? All the zebra danios in any tank I've had, regardless of how many there were used the entire tank top to bottom. I'm thinking somethings amiss.

6. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I would tend to agree that either something else has them corralled or if the zebras are not moving around much then I would really start to think something is not quite right in there.

Im wondering if the pearls, or the BP's have them cornered.

7. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

The zebras move around, so do the blue neons, black neons, and other fish. The rasboras seem to prefer the top to middle areas better. The light washes the rasboras color out. I thought a dark water tank would bring out their color more. Too bad I got rid of the 20 long.