Gymnogeophagus n. sp. Paso Pache

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by btate617, Apr 12, 2010.

1. btate617Well Known MemberMember

I haven't had any pics of this guy in awhile, so I thought I would share a few.

418.jpg

419.jpg

420.jpg

421.jpg

Brian

2. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

He's beautiful! The 3rd pic is my fav. His mouth is open waiting for food.

Great pics, Brian!

3. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Cool fish! Looks like he's saying "my mouths open just drop the food in". LOL
    Carol

4. NutterFishlore VIPMember

Thanks alot Brian. Now the missus wants one of those to. :p
    Everytime you post new pics, she sees them & wants most of them. The fish that is, not the pictures. As if it isn't hard enough for me trying to get her to just stock a tank & leave it alone. :;juggle I think I'm safe though because I'm pretty sure we can't get them over here. :D

Seriously though, very nice fish. I like the red fins with the black mask over the eyes.

5. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Nutter-I do the same thing. Most fish pics that he posts put me in "google search" mode. He's a fabulous enabler.

6. btate617Well Known MemberMember

Thanks BB.

You would think I never feed them...

Thanks Nutter, and seriously you should get her whatever she wants.

Heres two more Gymnogeophagus species for her to pick from hahaha

605.jpg

Brian

7. NutterFishlore VIPMember

I can't be getting her whatever she wants, I'd have to move out of the house to make room for the tanks she would want. Every time we go to a LFS she says she wants all of the fish. Every last one of them. She's not into considering what tank size a fish really needs, or the stocking limits of a tank or compatability. Left to her own devices she would put Angelfish with Oscars & Tiger barbs in a 55gal tank. I'm not kidding about how bad she is with this stuff. The latest thing she is trying to convice me to do is stock a 15gal with rift lake mbuna. No less than 15 of them. Needless to say that isn't going to be happening. She want to put a Flowerhorn in 180gal with 2 Sevs, a Geo, a Chocolate & JD. She wants the tank planted. Also not going to happen.

She doesn't need to be enabled anymore by the pics of your gorgeous fish. This really has to stop as it is making my life very difficult. :D

(I don't really want you to stop. Keep them pics coming. I love checking out what you've got. ;) She really is that bad when it comes to stocking etc though) :)

8. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

@btate: GREAT PICS! Those are some seriously cool fish that I have never had the appropriate tank setups to attempt.

@Nutter: LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

9. btate617Well Known MemberMember

Thanks Harpua.

Nutter tell her when she can pronounce correctly the latin names of the fish she wants you will get them for her.

My 5 yr old daughter punched my 11yr old son square in the gut the other day for calling the Dovii a Geophagus. And no I am not saying punch her Nutter....no no

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  10. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

I can't pronounce the latin names of most of my fish, so I'm SO GLAD that doesn't pertain to me. Of course, I don't know the latin names of most of my fish. I'd learn them if someone else bought them for me, though;D

:;laughing You need to take your daughter to the LFS and ask them about proper stocking conditions. I bet they'd learn quickly.

11. NutterFishlore VIPMember

She would breeze in the latin names. I mostly use them rather than common names so she hears alot of them & soon picks them up, + she can speak 3 languages already so she can get her tongue around words that most of us can't. I just tell her that I won't allow it & then I duck & run. Flying frypans & coffee mugs can hurt. :) She's just one of those people that refuses to learn or to take good avice. I'm sure you have come across plenty of them before. I deal with it simply by having her tank that she can experiment with & not letting her near any of my tanks. Sort of damage limitation if you will.

Anyway, back to your fish. In that last pic the top fish I'm pretty sure is a Squarehead (Gymnogeophagus Gymnogenys), but what's the bottom fish?

12. btate617Well Known MemberMember

haha Nutter... remember a happy woman = a happy home.....

You are correct the top fish is Gymnogeophagus cf. Gymnogenys "Arroyo Yerbalito".

And the bottom one is Gymnogeophagus Australis "Rio Uruguay".

Brian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice