Gymnogeophagus Balzanii

1. btate617 Well Known Member Member

These were all taken before I got a decent camera so bare with me......

I like these guys because of the great difference in appearence from male to female.
    I let a buddy borrow them to spawn them, he works out of town and came home to a pond disaster.......so I too have been looking for more.

Male

267.jpg
    149.jpg
    84.jpg
    86.jpg

Female

88.jpg
    90.jpg
    638.jpg

Pair

150.jpg

Brian

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I LOVE them! Yep, on my list. Now to find a breeder.

Is 70 a good temp for them in the winter and up it to 78 during the spring and summer?

You do realize that you enable me to find species that I can't even pronounce, right?:;laughing I should've taken Latin instead of Spanish.

3. Shadowbeam Member Member

Wow, they both look stunning ^^ Congrats on such beautiful fish ;)

4. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

great looking fish btate.

5. kacie Member Member

Love those Balzani. My lfs has one but it is missing it's gill covering. Still cute though.

6. Toddnbecka Member Member

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Brian. :;hi2 Beautiful fish and great photos as always. I love the female photo where she is peeping out from behind the terracotta pot. Too cute! I always appreciate it when you share your fish with us!
    Ken

8. kacie Member Member

Yes, ToddnBecka i have a nice trio of Ex-Meridionalis, very pretty fish, less aggressive than Balzani.

9. btate617 Well Known Member Member

Thanks. I would try for 74* normally and anything under 68* or so for the winter and you should be fine. I have kept the Gymno's at 78* and have found they do way better around 74*, but thats just my opinion.

Thank you.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Huh??? Are you talking about the first pic? The first pic the fish in the middle of the pic looks like a Norte, but it is a Gymnogeophagus n. sp. Blue Neon. And the Balzanii is in the upper right. I have no Norte.....

Thanks Ken, thats where they always did their business....

10. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for the heads up! I trust your opinion very much:;hug2