Guzalot's Tanks

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My Angel succumbed to the mysterious case of popeye she developed about two weeks ago. She seemed to be doing better but this morning I found her dead at the bottom the tank . I've lost fish before but this one was special to me.

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bought 2 Veil Angels today for my 29 gallon. Yay! I got an unexpected bonus. When I put them in the tank, 2 fry were in the bag. They're not Angels, in fact I have no idea what they are. They look like some kind of danio or tetra, but I have never seen their color pattern before. They are only about 1/2" long so I put them in my 10 gallon where they are less likely to be eaten. It's going to be interesting to see what they grow up to be.

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
What fun to come home with a surprise! Sorry about your angel. I was following the popeye thread, and was sorry to look over here to find that it had died. :'(

Several months ago I came home with a bag with 3 otoes, there were some fry in that bag, I knew were guppies. I really didn't hold out much hope, since I have never been able to keep guppies. When I have bought them in the past they just stress out and die. I had given up. Well one of the fry, just right in the main community tank, is now a full grown guppy male. He just hid out, as he grew, and now I have a bonus. Hope yours do well.

Fish in the Frozen North 8)

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you for for the sympathy susitna-flower. That Angel had personality and I will miss her.

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It looks like one of the mystery fry is going to make it to adulthood. The other just kind of disappeared one day a few weeks ago. Anyway, I am still unable to identify what species it might be, but it's about 1" long now and follows my guppy around like a lost puppy.

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A pic of my 29 gallon.

33.jpg

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's really been "A Tale of Two Tanks" with me lately. My 29 gallon is thriving! The only problems I've had recently are that my male sword was harassing my two female swords too much. I added another female (a pineapple this time for some color variety) and there have been no more problems. All is well ;D

My 10 gallon on the other hand...not so good. :-[ The male guppy came down with popeye and died after about 4 weeks of treatment and I also lost a cory so I'm down to two. The "mystery" fish is doing well though. I've done regular water tests and changes but I can't pinpoint the problem, all the water parameters are fine. ??? I upgraded to a Whisper 20 filter and added some neon tetras last week and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Guzalot said:
29 gallon
2 Veil Angels
3 Red Wag Swordtails (2 F, 1 M)
1 Pineapple Swordtail (F)
1 Bristlenose Pleco

10 gallon
2 Albino Cory's
1 Fry (unknown species)
6 Neon Tetras
lucky u u have a veil tail angle i want about 3 for my 70 gall

Peace Out Callum!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Guzalot said:
My 10 gallon on the other hand...not so good. :-[ The male guppy came down with popeye and died after about 4 weeks of treatment and I also lost a cory so I'm down to two. The "mystery" fish is doing well though. I've done regular water tests and changes but I can't pinpoint the problem, all the water parameters are fine. ??? I upgraded to a Whisper 20 filter and added some neon tetras last week and am keeping my fingers crossed.
what did you use for treatment of that popeye and did the cory die close to the same time as the guppy?

your tank looks great and the veiled angels are beautiful showcase fish.

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
Guzalot said:
what did you use for treatment of that popeye and did the cory die close to the same time as the guppy?

your tank looks great and the veiled angels are beautiful showcase fish.
I used Melafix to treat the popeye. As for the cory, he died about a week after the guppie did. I waited 2 weeks before adding any new fish since I didn't know what killed the other two but the other fish seemed fine. So far so good with the neons, they were added 6 days ago and all are well.

Thanks for the input!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
rid-fungus and/or clout and/or parasite clear would not be a bad idea to stock just in case and i was thinking you might need one or those now, but sounds like the tank is cleared of pathogens.

Shrimpy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Guzalot said:
29 gallon
2 Veil Angels
3 Red Wag Swordtails (2 F, 1 M)
1 Pineapple Swordtail (F)
1 Bristlenose Pleco

10 gallon
2 Albino Cory's
1 Fry (unknown species)
6 Neon Tetras
wow everything u did and been through. ur doing a great job

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Shrimpy said:
wow everything u did and been through. ur doing a great job
Thanks, it really has been a labor of love. The setbacks make the the successes that much more rewarding

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have given in to my MTS. I bought a new filter and broke my old 2.5 gallon out of storage. It's cycling (fishless) as we speak.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Guzalot said:
I have given in to my MTS. I bought a new filter and broke my old 2.5 gallon out of storage. It's cycling (fishless) as we speak.
lol.. MTS!

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
Guzalot said:
lol.. MTS!
Somebody stop me! Please...

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
lol... i'm powerless to resist it or help anyone else.. we're in the grips of it now, no turning back.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I am sorry you've lost your angel. It's all the sadder that she was quite special to you. I hate loosing my favorite fish, it can be such a heartbreak.

I lost a molly lately, and she had pop eye symptoms, as well as some finrot and what could be the beginning of a spine curvature. I never was able to determine what she died of. Another female molly had similar symptoms at the time but responded well to the meds. I am very scared it was TB, and was told it could lay dormant for months before striking again. I sure hope that's not what's going on your end. Good luck!

Guzalot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
armadillo said:
I am sorry you've lost your angel. It's all the sadder that she was quite special to you. I hate loosing my favorite fish, it can be such a heartbreak.

I lost a molly lately, and she had pop eye symptoms, as well as some finrot and what could be the beginning of a spine curvature. I never was able to determine what she died of. Another female molly had similar symptoms at the time but responded well to the meds. I am very scared it was TB, and was told it could lay dormant for months before striking again. I sure hope that's not what's going on your end. Good luck!
Thank you for the kind words. I never knew how attached I could become to a fish. It's been several months and all of the fish (both old a new) in the tank are doing well, I haven't had a loss since. *knock on wood*

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom