guys pls help asap!!! fish dying

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
white minnow spinning and dropping to bottom
can i save it? have it out of tank but if not ho doi put it out of it;s pain???? nothing too horrid pls

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is your tank filtered and heated? How long has it been set - up and what are the readings on ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate in the water? What do you dechlorinate the water with and what do you have in the tank besides the minnow (fish, plants) Do you use any other chemicals in the tank? How often do you change the water and how much do you change each time and how large is the tank? These questions will really help us to help you if you can answer them. If you have removed the fish from the tank and put it in another container with fresh dechlorinated water and it is acting better, please let us know.

If you have not removed the fish from the tank and put it in fresh dechlorinated water, please do so.

Rose

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
am in a panic!
water, temp etc all ok wi cherry barbs
out of tank next to me right now
spinning and floating then a little mad swimming
!!!!help
painful to watch

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That type of behavior is almost always an indication that there is something in the water that is distressing the fish. Do you have a Test Kit to get the actual test readings for AMMONIA, NITRITES, and NITRATES? We really need to know the readings, not just an OK.

The problem might even be in the tap water. Are you using a product to take the chlorine out of the tap water? If so what?

I really need to have answers to the questions that I asked before.

Rose

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Rrounde: guys pls help asap!!! fish dying

i'm losing my litlle one
yes i test water and coz i'm over cautious lfs does too
all other fish are swimming a

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay so you test the water. How much are the levels of Ammonia? of Nitrite? of Nitrate? I need the numbers of the test results, Please.

I do not know what to tell you as you are not giving me enough information. Are you running an airstone to keep a lot of oxygen in the water and what is the temperature. Can you please answer some of my questions? I know you are upset and it is hard but I need you to concentrate and give me some answers if I am to help you.

Rose

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Chick ty but the little fish died! All others fine since taking him out of tank. I now think it was just one of those things but i wanted to save it so panic set in! worn out now

ammonia 0
nitrite 0
ph 7.8......7.6/8.0 usual

why do we have pets?

katiekat

Reaction score
hello!
its got gill/skin fluke! its a little parasite that effects the skin and gills (obviously) one of my danios had it so i put some meds in ther called methylene blue, it works a treat. although its dye based so it does turn the water blue but that clears with a carbon pad. hope this helps

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If that is the problem, I would treat the tank as it will probably affect the other fish eventually as well. Some medications that contain methylene blue are:

Rose

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
TY guys other fish seem happier since my little guy died! :'( i have taken all you have said on board and am truly gratefull that you took time out to help.
Merry Christmas

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom