Guys I have a problem.. i think 5 Gallon Tank 

mizzoufan96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello everyone
As some of you know i have a new MALE betta named sparky 009.jpg that i have had for 3 days. I bougt him from petco in his own little bowl all by himself. He has been doing great in my tank swiming around with joy but i found somthing weird today! Can someone identify these bubble things. Are they eggs??? I do have one or two pond snails that i havnt seen in a while that came from the plant you can see in the picture. Someone plz help me? I dont know a thing about bettas spawning exept for the video posted by martinismommy. These look exactly like the eggs in her picture but with no tails. I dont know if im overreacting over some bubbles or if these are eggs. bettaeggs.jpg If they are eggs what should go about with them and how much time to i have to find themhomes!?
Someone plz help
Thanks so much
Nathan

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
looks like sparky built a bubble nest...which means hes happy and its what boy bettas do they are not eggs

mizzoufan96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ok i was worried!

does this mean he wants a female?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
mizzoufan96 said:
ok i was worried!

does this mean he wants a female?
not necessarily.. it means he is happy and showing off his testosterone levels
breeding bettas is very costly and they dont do well with other fish of any kind.

mizzoufan96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ok THANK YOU!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They build nests for a variety of reasons, we had one who would bubble nest whenever a rainstorm was coming.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom