guppys?

Clint

Valued Member
Reaction score
how do i know when they are gonna breed and how do i remove the babies without harm is it best i put mom and dad in separate tank to breed do i remove them both after birth so many questions so little time....thx 4 ur time,,,clint

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
guppies breed very easily. when the female is pregnant its belly will grow big and a black spot will get bigger on their belly. when u see this sign separate the female guppy only and put it in a breeder tank. or u can put enough plants and hiding places for the fries otherwise they will be eaten by their parents.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is better to keep the mother and father in the tank the fry will be in for a long time and later transfer them. It is much easier to remove the parents to a different tank than moving a lot of frys.

Clint

Valued Member
Reaction score
neville said:
guppies breed very easily. when the female is pregnant its belly will grow big and a black spot will get bigger on their belly. when u see this sign separate the female guppy only and put it in a breeder tank. or u can put enough plants and hiding places for the fries otherwise they will be eaten by their parents.
thx....thx ...4 ur time...clint

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
u r welcome.

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
Definitely would be easier to remove the parents. floating plants should give the fry places to hide to get away from the adults.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom