Guppys Are Sick Please Help Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Jake91hall, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Jake91hallNew MemberMember

I got about 50 guppy fry from a guy I put them with 6 of my platty fry 3 weeks later some of the guppy fry have a weird very straight tail fin and so do the platty fry!....i know that the plattys were fine 3 weeks ago and I'm also fairly certain the guppys didn't look that way either...i looked it up and was maybe thinking fin rot?? I'm going to test the water in about 20 minutes o did a water change last week

any help and advice is greatly appreciated thanks 20180322_102519.jpg

also would this help? 20180423_161936.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2018
  2. PurplePanda145

PurplePanda145Valued MemberMember

I've had guppies and platys with the same "straight tail fin" that I think you're describing. (Could you take a close-up picture of it? That would be helpful;)) I believe that this symptom is caused by stress, not fin rot or an infection. Test your water for high ammonia and nitrites, as that could contribute to the stress. As for Pimafix, my understanding is that it heals fungal infections, and wouldn't help your fish much. I'd add some sort of aquarium salt and maybe stress coat or Melafix. Hope this helps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice