Guppy with swim bladder refuses food

CJSmith

My male guppy has been suffering from swim bladder for the past few days (around 4 and a half) . We have tried cooked peas but he refuses to eat them ignoring them or spitting them out. He is getting sicker and sicker. Are there any medicines that would be safe for the whole tank? I don’t have a quarantine tank. And if not should I consider putting him down? I assume this is painful for him. I really want to help him but I don’t know how. Thank you for the help.

Gone

To be honest, in my experience a fish that can't swim normally is usually on the way out, no matter what the cause is. I will euthanize them with clove oil. I've never seen a fish that couldn't swim straight survive.

Upvote 0

lobobrandon

My guppy had swim bladder, but the pea did the trick. I have a platty that got swim bladder on the same day a few hours after the guppy that is still in the same boat, 4 and a half days as well.

I tried an epsom salt bath yesterday, she swims better now, but still not well enough. Also, I saw a small amount of poop from her, not much yesterday. In my case I feel they ate the cory food which was dry and it then bloated in their stomach. If you have swim bladder because of bloating try an epsom salt bath.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
HupGupp
Replies
Views
HupGupp
  • Kaelun
  • Guppy
Replies
Views