Guppy With One Pectoral Fin!

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by edgardcafe, Apr 10, 2017.

1. edgardcafe

edgardcafe Valued Member Member

What should I do ? Euthanize her ?
    She is like that for 2 weeks or more.. she was born on my aquarium.. I think she fought with others females and damaged her fin..poor think!

2. emeraldking

emeraldking Well Known Member Member

In general when a guppy swims like this, it won't recover from it. Right now, I do have one female which swims exactly like this one. She won't last either. I'm checking out when feeding herself becomes a problem, I will euthanize her.

3. OP
    OP
    edgardcafe

Yep.. I think I will do that...

4. OP
    OP
    edgardcafe

She's still alive and fighting

5. FishL:))

FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

Awe...poor girl. I'm so sorry!! :( Once she stops eating it would probably be best for her to humanly euthanize her. I hate when I have to do things like that... :(But it's up to you.

6. OP
    OP
    edgardcafe

Yep... you know what ... I can't euthanize her .. I just can't do it ! The poor think is suffering

7. FishL:))

FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

It's the hardest thing to do... :(

8. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

If you decide to keep her alive I would put her in a breeder box... as much as I hate those things containing her to an area where she isn't always fighting to swim may be easier on her.
    If you go the euthanasia route, I use clove oil (mixed well with tank water, add fish) after she goes to sleep I give them a nice stiff glass of vodka. It seems very quick and painless to them, yet it is heartbreaking to us.
    I've had a few that I've euthanized to to medical issues, but I also have a few born deformed that got separated out into other tanks with no other guppies... a chance for life but not a chance to breed :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice