Guppy With Glofish? Question 

Ladyglo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi, I have a 45 gallon tank that finished cycling and had fish added 7 weeks ago. I used the tank as my quarantine tank Unfortunately, I lost 3 fish in the first 3 days ☹ so it currently has 7Glofish tetras ( basically a white skirted tetra with a fluorescent gene) , 1 Glofish long finned tetra and 2 Glofish danios. I added my 3 Nerite snails a week ago and have 3 more danios yet to add next week.
All this to get to my question . Guppies have recently caught my interest and I’m wondering if I could/should add a male guppy to the tank? I ‘ve been reading a lot about guppies and Glofish recently ,and can’t remember where I saw a thread about Glofish tetras killing guppies. Has anyone else had this experience?? Everything else I find says they are both a peaceful fish. Any thoughts?? Thanks
Image1555953147.726689.jpg
. The fish don’t usually all sit in the middle of the tank. They saw me coming and thought I had food

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
The glofish swim faster and might annoy males with long fancy fins. I think you should get more than one male because IMO they do better when they have company although it doesn't make a huge difference

thequietman44

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have GloFish and fancy guppies in my 90 gallon and they seem to ignore each other most of the time. Occasionally the GloFish get a bit aggressive to each other and some guppies get caught in the crossfire but I also have plants where the guppies can take refuge until things calm down.

Ladyglo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The glofish swim faster
I've read this about Glofish before, I think I got the lazy ones. Most of the time they just meander around the tank, singly or in pairs.
Thank you both for your input. I'll think about more than 1 if I decide to get one

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom