Guppy with fin rot?

DarkMustang

I have a tank with 3 guppies and 3 platies(one male each and two females) that I just added yesterday into a new aquarium and am thinking that my male guppy and possibly one of the female platies might have fin rot but am not sure as I have never had this problem before. I added a picture of the male guppy which you can see that his tail fin is a bit rugged around the outside and when looking closer up, it is slightly white around the edges. So if anyone knows if this is fin rot or not I would love some help.

Attachments

• 20210128_152523.jpg
    20210128_152523.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 43

Eliza4310

Doesn't look like fin rot. Looks like someone was nipping at his tail. If it persists and he starts losing more of his tail and it starts looking less like nipping, it's probably fin rot.
Just keep an eye on them. See which fish seem more aggressive and see if any chase him around the tank. Also watch for hiding, loss of appetite, and coloration. This could all point towards aggression. If none of this happens and he still loses his tail, start treating for fin rot.

Upvote 0

DarkMustang

Ok I will watch to see if anyone has been picking on him. I considered that someone was nipping his fins but wasn't sure since these guys have only been together for about 48 hours now and I haven't see any other fish in particular going after him. I will continue to watch though, thank you.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Pat93
  • TropicalFishieFish
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Gone
Replies
Views