Guppy With Black Spots

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Aquarista, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Aquarista

Aquarista New Member Member

Hi, I searched the forums for this topic?!

A baby guppy has now 3 big black spots on one side and three in identical position (symmetric) on the other side, is he sick?

Thanks

2. Mary765

Mary765 Well Known Member Member

Nah that's his pattern developing! Black is the first colour to show up :D congratulations!!

3. OP
    OP
    Aquarista

4. Mary765

Woah! And it's a gorgeous guppy too :p keep me updated if more colour shows up!!

5. Milliemae124

Milliemae124 Valued Member Member

Yes as Mary said, it’s the colour coming through. Gorgeous guppy by the way :p

6. OP
    OP
    Aquarista

Why is it gorgeous? size? the black spots? his attitude and demeanor? :p

he looks so big in the picture but he i still tiny like 2months or less

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018
  7. Milliemae124

His markings :p

8. Mary765

Yeah very few guppies actually have markings like that! So stylish, such attitude. I love it!!

9. OP
    OP
    Aquarista

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2018
  10. Mary765

How in the hecc did he colour up so fast?!

I have two velvet-red males with purple highlights :D if you want to see them..

11. OP
    OP
    Aquarista

Into photography so pictures always welcome

12. Milliemae124

Wow he coloured up fast! I think I have the same gravel as you in my 2.5 :p

13. OP
    OP
    Aquarista

Haha yes, that was my coordinated phase, when the white belt matched the white shoes, my wife likes purple, so without any idea I could decorate the tank properly, I started buying pink and purple decos...so now it<s my experimental tank. i just dropped a branch of photos in there to help with ammonia and ambiance.

14. Mary765

Aww no I'm no good at photography :(

Here is my best lol

Attached Files:

15. Milliemae124

I have a guppy that looks just like that :p

16. OP
    OP
    Aquarista

Here's my effort so far...it's a happy fish tank...but should I seperate the females from the males, she is getting harrassed all the time?

Very clear water!!!

Attached Files:

17. Mary765

That's awesome! He is still a tiny little fella but has a tonne of pride and colour already! Just wondering, How much did you buy yours for?

Thanks! I have 2 filters in there lol

18. mattgirl

mattgirl Fishlore VIP Member

WARNING...Totally off topic

I am curious as to why the water level is a few inches below the top rim of these tanks. I actually see that quite often and was wondering if there is a specific reason for it. I keep my 55 and my 5.5 filled all the way to the bottom of the band around the top and wonder if I shouldn't fill them so full.

I was just wondering if it depends on personal preference or if there is another reason for it. Maybe to keep fish from jumping out, maybe?

19. Milliemae124

I can’t remember, I’ve had him for quite a long time now! :)

20. Mary765

For me, It's for two reasons

1. They water evaporates very quickly because of the rapid water surface I have so I can lose an inch in a week.
    2. I am breeding air-breathing snails for the pea puffer I am getting soon and they appreciate the ease of access to oxygen!

Fair. I unfortunately have to sell him (he was born not bought into my tank) and was wondering about price.

We're actually looking into getting another tank in the next few months, hopefully a 75 gallon, then we can move one. For the most part they're vertical, head up tail down sometimes they'll be slightly slanted. My husband said late last night he saw one swimming back and forth around the other one just for a few seconds, he thinks it they could be wanting to mate?

Tried to get a good pic, the scratches are on the camera

Attached Files:

21. OP
    OP
    Aquarista

reason no 1, arm space when i dive into the tank the water rises, reason no 2 some fish breathe from the surface and i am planning on gouramis and just got into the habit, reason no 3 since my tanks have to have lids, it allows thehouse plants space to grow outside of the water

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice