Guppy with a possible hole in his side?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by fish FINattic, Feb 13, 2012.

1. fish FINattic

fish FINatticNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Okay he has a grey spot that looks a little like a hole in his side, Itseems to have bubbled up skin accross it, with two more bubbled up skin spots (without the possible hole) seemingly attatched to it. He sits at the bottom of the tank until I feed him and his tank mates. The sitting at the bottom started a few weeks ago and I couldn't see anything wrong with him so I thought that he might just like o sit there. I've read that some fish do whose species normally don't. He also seems to be getting rounder in the stomache and not growing antwhere else. I know he's a boy, he's not pregnant. His scales are also seeming to point out an the ends createing an odd "fluffy" look only arround his stomache. I contemplated that this could be a fungus of some kind and thought of just putting in some fungus clear, but I thought that I shoud see what this really is first. I do not own a camera so, I can not post a picture. Sorry and thanks for your help.

2. James95

James95Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +35
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Scales pointing out is a sign of an internal bacterial infection, commonly referred to as dropsy. Any chance of uploading a picture? This can help a lot when it comes to diagnosing sick fish.

3. OP
    OP
    fish FINattic

fish FINatticNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Thanks for your help. I don't have a camera. I looked up dropsy and I think thats right, but what about the grey spot?