Guppy Tattered Fin, Dont Know What It Is Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Kittenluna, Mar 10, 2019.

1. KittenlunaValued MemberMember

I just noticed today my guppied fin is really tattered. Not sure why. Ammonia nitrites and nitrates are all at 0 with ph of 7. I just did a water change yesterday
    I dont know if its fin rot, or how he couldve gotten it. Everyone else is fine Screenshot_2019-03-10-19-27-23.jpgScreenshot_2019-03-10-19-27-30.jpgScreenshot_2019-03-10-19-27-37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2019
  2. DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

What size tank and what is the stock?

3. KittenlunaValued MemberMember

4. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

The tankmates may be nipping it. How many zebra danios? They are schooling fish and become nippy when kept in small groups. I have also found mollies to be nippy. The frogs could be another suspect. Have you seen any of the tankmates nipping it?
    Are there any decorations in the tank that it could have got caught on?

5. DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

A 55, thats good. Whats in it exactly though, ie., 20 Guppies or 1, 50 Danios or 1, etc.

6. KittenlunaValued MemberMember

I have 9 zebra danios. I havent seen anyone nipping but i havent really been looking for that. My guppies play together a lot. But ive never seen ones fins like this.
    I do have fake plants and structures in the tank. So it could be possible

9 zebra danios, 7 mollies, 7 guppies, 1 bn pleco, 4 african dwarf frogs and 8 mystery snails

7. DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

Whenever I keep delta tail Guppies, I always get fin nipping. The smaller the numbers, the worse it is. Id guess the Danios and/or Guppies are doing it. Thats a fairly low number of fish, so the pecking order is probably taking its toll.

8. KittenlunaValued MemberMember

So what do you suggest i do? On advisor it said my tank was 101% full lol. Idk how accurate that is though.
    You dont think its sick or anything? Should it not be quarantined? No new fish etc has been added in in almost 5 months