Help Guppy Tattered Fin, Dont Know What It Is

Kittenluna

Reaction score
I just noticed today my guppied fin is really tattered. Not sure why. Ammonia nitrites and nitrates are all at 0 with ph of 7. I just did a water change yesterday
I don't know if its fin rot, or how he couldve gotten it. Everyone else is fine
Screenshot_2019-03-10-19-27-23.jpg
Screenshot_2019-03-10-19-27-30.jpg
Screenshot_2019-03-10-19-27-37.jpg

DuaneV

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What size tank and what is the stock?

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The tank mates may be nipping it. How many zebra danios? They are schooling fish and become nippy when kept in small groups. I have also found mollies to be nippy. The frogs could be another suspect. Have you seen any of the tank mates nipping it?
Are there any decorations in the tank that it could have got caught on?

DuaneV

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A 55, that's good. Whats in it exactly though, ie., 20 Guppies or 1, 50 Danios or 1, etc.

OP
Kittenluna

Kittenluna

Reaction score
BottomDweller said:
The tank mates may be nipping it. How many zebra danios? They are schooling fish and become nippy when kept in small groups. I have also found mollies to be nippy. The frogs could be another suspect. Have you seen any of the tank mates nipping it?
Are there any decorations in the tank that it could have got caught on?
I have 9 zebra danios. I haven't seen anyone nipping but I haven't really been looking for that. My guppies play together a lot. But ive never seen ones fins like this.
I do have fake plants and structures in the tank. So it could be possible

DuaneV said:
Okay, the numbers are much better. A 55, that's good. Whats in it exactly though, ie., 20 Guppies or 1, 50 Danios or 1, etc.
9 zebra danios, 7 mollies, 7 guppies, 1 bn pleco, 4 african dwarf frogs and 8 mystery snails

DuaneV

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Whenever I keep delta tail Guppies, I always get fin nipping. The smaller the numbers, the worse it is. Id guess the Danios and/or Guppies are doing it. That's a fairly low number of fish, so the pecking order is probably taking its toll.

OP
Kittenluna

Kittenluna

Reaction score
DuaneV said:
Whenever I keep delta tail Guppies, I always get fin nipping. The smaller the numbers, the worse it is. Id guess the Danios and/or Guppies are doing it. That's a fairly low number of fish, so the pecking order is probably taking its toll.
So what do you suggest I do? On advisor it said my tank was 101% full lol. Idk how accurate that is though.
You don't think its sick or anything? Should it not be quarantined? No new fish etc has been added in in almost 5 months

New Threads