guppy tank mates

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
He he he. That certainly seems to be true here in molly land.

darkwolf29a

Valued Member
Reaction score
tan.b said:
armadillo said:
Oh well, that's reassuring (that you havne't seen or heard of guppy fin nipping). If only I could remember where I'd read it. Could be a couple of alarmist or exceptional posts.
there's always the odd rogue fish that doesnt do what it says on the tin! like humans i guess......the majority are fine, but there'll always be a few wrong uns!! i blame the parents....my guppies are very sociable!! - maybe cos they're not frustrated like some guppies?! i have girls for the boys! that is what their life revolves around after all - if you know what i mean!
I've been removing all my problem children, the fin nippers, from the 55 gallon. Giving my boys and girls plenty of room for...fun!!! The only thing in there are some ghost shrimp and a HUGE pleco, relatively speaking of course. LOL

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
mYa said:
hi i am new here..
i had 2 zebra danios (hold on..they look like zebra danios but orange in color)..very aggressive and attacked my swordtails  & guppies..so i moved them to  a smaller jar..now my guppies and swordtails are safe
That's probably because you only had 2 of them. They like to school.

mYa

Reaction score
hi all,
I lost 1 of my zebra danio ..died affter the other zebra danio attacked her..so there's only 1 left in the jar..

can I just ask..my guppy fry (20 of them) started to show their colors..on the body n fin..but I still could not tell whether they are male/female...how soon can I tell? They are 3 weeks old..

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
mYa said:
hi all,
I lost 1 of my zebra danio ..died affter the other zebra danio attacked her..so there's only 1 left in the jar..
jar? You need to give them AT LEAST 10 gallons since they like to school.

darkwolf29a

Valued Member
Reaction score
Stradius011 said:
mYa said:
hi all,
jar? You need to give them AT LEAST 10 gallons since they like to school.
I would say give them more than one tankmate too. Usually with fin nippers, you end up with master and slave relationship, with the slave getting whooped up on constantly. If you give them a few more tankmates, at least, you will have more fish to spread the aggression onto. That, usually, calms things down a bit.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom