Guppy swimming strangely - Is this an injury?

JaneGael

I posted here a few days ago about new guppies dying with no symptoms. I now think the cause of death was bullying. I had two different vanities in the quarantine tank and I think the gang of 4 red cobras went after the 3 sun guppies. The remaining sun was obviously fin nipped so I crossed my fingers and put him into an existing tank with pepper cories, a couple of young male guppies and a few amano shrimp.

Two days later and he's still alive but swimming very stiffly. Could this be an injury? I've never seen a guppy swim like this. If he sits still he tends to very slowly sink tail first. He then swims a bit to get back to level. He eats well but is not as active as the other two. I don't know if there's any way I can help him, or if he just has to heal on his own. I added a video of Sunny swimming just in case someone has any ideas about how to help him.

Trouble swimming

HupGupp

The heaving looks like what I always see when a guppy is slowly dying. Sadly sick guppies just don't get better in my experience. If it were me, I'd euthanize. Sometimes you get on a bad run with guppies. I'd just eliminate or isolate sick ones till things stabilize and then build back with the survivors and new stock if needed. I'd say sickness is far more likely your problem than the effects of bullying. Best of luck!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• fishlover357
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
fishlover357
Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
  • Question
  • Fishy09
  • Guppy