Guppy swimming in circles

spencey26

hi guys!!!!
I recently got 4 guppys (3 females and a male - put into a tank that had cycled and all.wayer checks were fjne), 2 of the females died immediately which made me panic, so I checked water etc and everything was still fine... since then of the remaing two when swims up and down and the other Is swimming in increasingly mad circles!!! my kine questions are 1. what its wrong? 2. how do I deal with this ? and 3. is their a risk of infection that rests in the tank? thanks for all your help!!!!

Dunk2

hi guys!!!!
I recently got 4 guppys (3 females and a male - put into a tank that had cycled and all.wayer checks were fjne), 2 of the females died immediately which made me panic, so I checked water etc and everything was still fine... since then of the remaing two when swims up and down and the other Is swimming in increasingly mad circles!!! my kine questions are 1. what its wrong? 2. how do I deal with this ? and 3. is their a risk of infection that rests in the tank? thanks for all your help!!!!
Welcome to Fishlore!

Can you explain how you cycled your tank?

What are you using to test and what are your exact parameters (ammonia, nitrite and nitrate)?

Noroomforshoe

did you plop and drop? or did you acclimate? Do you know if your ph is different from the ph of the pet store? was the temperature change significant? it could be some kind of shock. The best thing to do is turn the tank lights off, minimize activity and noise around the tank, do not feed them, it could cause more stress.

Did you take some time to watch the fish at the pet store? It is always good to observe the fish at the petstore, all of them, not just one or 2 tanks. But This doesn't sound like a disease, nothing to spread to other fish, a;though stress can deffinitly bother other fish, as stressed fish can become aggressive, fin nippy, ect. Stresssed fish are also more likly to contract ich.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • AltantaDude
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
AltantaDude
  • Question
  • LenkaK
  • Guppy
Replies
Views