Guppy strange behavior

Gupgup5

Reaction score
I was watching my little guppies swim around and I noticed one of them would stop and purposely back into others around her what in the world does that mean I've seen one of my babies do it too should I be concerned?

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I wouldn't worry too much, sounds like they are playing, but I could be wrong of course. How long have you had the guppies, and how big is the tank? When the guppy backs into others, is it out of confusion or aggressive??

OP
Gupgup5

Gupgup5

Reaction score
I've had them for about a month and it's a 10 gallon tank it's not really aggressive she'll swim up to others and just kinda back into them she sometimes chases them and does it to I had never seen that happen before other than that they've been perfectly fine

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
How many guppies are in your tank? I am not questioning your knowledge, but are you certain the guppy is a she?

OP
Gupgup5

Gupgup5

Reaction score
I only have about 7 plus 3 babies and I'm positive it's a she she has no gonopodium lol plus I'm sure she was the one that dropped the 3 fry not too long ago

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Gupgup5 said:
I only have about 7 plus 3 babies and I'm positive it's a she she has no gonopodium lol plus I'm sure she was the one that dropped the 3 fry not too long ago
Congrats on your fry! However, do you have another tank for these 3 fry? 7 adults in one 10 gallon is overstocking, and I would avoid it if you could. I think it could be because of the small space in the tank + water quality. Have you checked parameters recently?

OP
Gupgup5

Gupgup5

Reaction score
For the time being I only have them in a breeder box until my smaller 5 gallon is fully cycled and parameters are looking good I used both test strips and apI test kit everything is normal

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Gupgup5 said:
For the time being I only have them in a breeder box until my smaller 5 gallon is fully cycled and parameters are looking good I used both test strips and apI test kit everything is normal
Hmm then I think the guppy is just playing around, would just fix that 10 gallon, since you will now have 10 guppies and a 10 gallon is too small for them.

OP
Gupgup5

Gupgup5

Reaction score
Okay sounds great! thank you so much for the advice! Much appreciated!

New Threads