Guppy problem

ziyi1010

Hi, this is my guppy and i am wondering if he has any diseases coz i sometimes sees him spending time at the bottom of the tank and kinda like resting his tail but he did not fully lay his body down. And he eats. And is active during feeding time and sometimes sees him swimming around too. So i am wondering if it is okay?

Noroomforshoe

Eating is a very good sign! What are test results for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? is the tem atable?

ziyi1010

The temp of the water is approximately 27 celcius and i dont have a test kit right now coz my country has a lock down currently. Urm, i would like to ask if there is any way to test the water without a test kit?

Noroomforshoe

There are no homemade ways to test that I know of, just keep clean water. gravel vacuum every time, change 35-50% of the water a week. Like I mentioned, eating is a very good sign. If he starts to avoid food, try more tempting stuff like frozen blood worms or garlic enhanced food like new life spectra thera plus A. Or you can soak the food he has in garlic. It is tempting to fish and it is healthy for fish. you could also add aquarium salt. I recommend buying aquarium salt from a pet store, but if you can't get any because of the lock down, I have heard "never used it myself" that non iodized table salt is the same thing. sometimes an electrolight boost goes a long way. salt should be non iodized for fish!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
alven
Replies
Views
FishyFishybaby
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies
Views