Guppy problem swimming after being stuck, help!

ziyi1010

Help! My pregnant guppy somehow got stuck behind my internal filter, and when we got her out ,her tail somehow had been missing a small piece and she have some problem swimming correctly as she floats aside. What should i do ? Help!

Aquaricky

Im not expert but one of my molly got hit by my rock while i moving it (didnt see he was there)he was in pretty bad shape ( could not swim, small part of the tail out...)

I took out of the tank and put it in a jar fill with water from my tank, and i covered the jar with a t shirt to put him in the dark and leave it be, took 3 days for him to get back on his feet. I changed the water twice a day to make sure he got oxygen.

Now im repeating it, im not expert, maybe what i did was not the right way

Upvote 0

ziyi1010

Sorry to hear that, how's your molly? My guppy is pregnant and i'm afraid that it will stress it out and she was kinda having difficulty to swim properly. Should i seperate it into another place coz i dont have any spare tanks.

Upvote 0

Aquaricky

My guess is if the fish need to heal, he need to rest, being in the main tank with other fish moving around, maybe other male will come disturb her... she is better off alone.

Upvote 0

ziyi1010

I moved her in a net coz she cant swim properly. But sadly, she died after a few hours. Which was sad.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
Replies
Views
Tayler
Replies
Views
IamFishNoob