Guppy Pregnancy Rounds?

Emp1996

So I know a guppy can hold sperm , she had her first round 2 weeks ago ,and is back up to being plump . So here are my questions

-How many more times to expect her to have fry.

-Typically when does the sperm she hold release? Like , does she release them after her first round , could these little guys already been on form shortly before her first round

-Does the amount of fry differ , or do they typically have more after the first round , or vise versa.

She is no longer with any males ever since to took the males out first week they were together. So whatever she has in her is it. Her fry just turned two weeks saturday. They are getting so big , have yet besides one shortly after birth. They started forming black spots and some with bLackish tails at a week. Today , I noticed a few have yellow tent starting on their tail. So maybe the endler did snag her , because he was the only yellow . Yet , could also be DNA down the road. But that's just guessing , I'm still new to guppies. Her being pregnant was a whoopsie. So I'm trying to learn what I can .

SaltyPhone

That sounds like a guppy I tell ya what. I had a female that was getting badgered in qt for a month. Moved her back and still there were the tiniest of fry in that tank!

Emp1996

I was inpatient her whole pregnancy, I kept saying she is having that sign , she is definitely in labor , about everyday. For the whole week left , and she finally popped shortly after I woke up. I got to watch the first 8. Then I gave her some privacy

Tyler Young

She can have a crazy amount of fry, my last female I estimate had around 40, however there could very well be more that's all I was able to net, its my understanding that live bearers are able to hold onto sperm for a lengthy period of time (however I could be wrong and I imagine the length of time varies fish to fish). And guppies will reproduce every time they get the chance, plus she might eat a few fry here and there, so I would say the amount she has each round will differ.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Crazycoryfishlady
  • Question
  • SamanthaJane
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
SamanthaJane
Replies
Views