Guppy Pregnancy Question

Dae

Reaction score
My guppy is pregnant and it's my first time with a pregnant guppy. I'm not sire how far along she is and I want to make sure she's in a breeder box when she gives birth.

Does anyone know how far along she is? I don't want to leave her in a breeder box for too long, i heard it stresses then out and she could miscarry.

Any help is appreciated!

JDN

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
She is pretty fat. So she should get all slow and lethargic, may hang out near the heater, under a rock/plants or just chillin' in a corner just swimming in one place for extended periods of time.

!!!You most definitely do not have to!!! But I have had to move some pregnant ladies out of the breeder box. I may have put them in too early, or she was fussy, but they get all stir crazy sometimes swimming up and down. But she calmed down eventually, when I took her out, and started birthing a week or so later. So I put her back in the box. You might lose a few babies this way but she's comfortable at least. Even in a breeder box some might die (she may eat some, it happens), but some loses should be expected. Don't be discouraged, you should be able to get plenty of wee baby gups! UGood luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom