Guppy Poop, Is This Normal?!

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Candace said:
I came home to this. This is the guy that overeats and bullies during feeding time. Should I be worried?
What exactly is worrisome? The poop looks normal. What am I missing?

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Momgoose56 said:
What exactly is worrisome? The poop looks normal. What am I missing?
It looks thicker and more solid than their reg poop as well as that it’s stuck. I’ve seen it stuck before as well but even that was thinner and white/clear. This just seems thick and dark to me and it’s not falling off, should not use my net to try and get it off?

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Candace said:
It looks thicker and more solid than their reg poop as well as that it’s stuck. I’ve seen it stuck before as well but even that was thinner and white/clear. This just seems thick and dark to me.
It's normal. Maybe give him a cooked skinned pea. He has a pretty chubby belly too. He eats big and poops big maybe.
You might fast him for 48 hours then give him some Daphnia (high fiber) or another pea if you think he might be constipated.

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Momgoose56 said:
It's normal. Maybe give him a cooked skinned pea. He has a pretty chubby belly too. He eats big and poops big maybe.
You might fast him for 48 hours then give him some Daphnia (high fiber) or another pea if you think he might be constipated.
Thank you I’ll try a pea.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom