Guppy, platy, or Cory fry?

Ssnaaiil

I’m pretty sure these are either guppy or platys fry but I’ve never seen livebearer fry with ‘egg sacs’ on their stomach….
You must be registered to see images

Thunder_o_b

Well, if they are livebearer fry they were born very early.

Are your corys albino?

Ssnaaiil

Well, if they are livebearer fry they were born very early.

Are your corys albino?
I have pepper corys. I see a few more fry swimming around and they don’t have the ‘egg sac’ and the ones I see swimming around look like normal guppy or platy fry.

StarGirl

I guess cory or platy. With the big eyes I don't think guppy.

Ssnaaiil

I guess cory or platy. With the big eyes I don't think guppy.
After sitting and watching my tank for 3 hours this morning, I am pretty sure they are platy fry. I’ve seen at least 6

richiep

Cory to me not long hatched by the look.
Platy and guppy don't have egg sack

chromedome52

Cory to me not long hatched by the look.
Platy and guppy don't have egg sack
Livebearer premature births do occur where the fry still have an egg yolk attached. I've even seen females eject young that were still eggs. Such births are usually from stress on the pregnant female. They're not Cory fry as they have the wrong shape. Most of the time they are snapped up by mama or tankmates very quickly.

richiep

Livebearer premature births do occur where the fry still have an egg yolk attached. I've even seen females eject young that were still eggs. Such births are usually from stress on the pregnant female. They're not Cory fry as they have the wrong shape. Most of the time they are snapped up by mama or tankmates very quickly.
Wouldn't they be deformed if that's the case here

mattgirl

I suspect Mama platy or guppy had a miscarriage and expelled these little guys way too early. It looks nothing like any cory fry I've ever seen. Newborn cory fry are almost microscopic in size when first starting to hatch.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Emlayyy3
Replies
Views
Blitzar
Replies
Views
KeriMc
  • Question
Replies