Guppy on its side

Aquaticguy

Hi.
I saw this guppy having a hard time swimming, so I seperated her. I medicated with salt, and m. blue, but was not home for 2 days and he is still alive today!
But she is still on her side floating, and has a hard time moving. Before leaving I tried to give her peas. I think she ate some but not a lot. And so Idk what to do at this point ngl. I also did not feed her for 2 days while I was gone and nothing has changed. I will give some peas and hopefully it can help her. But still I am worried about her and I believe she can fight the disease. Does anyone have any medicine for swim bladder or Idk why she is on her side floating .

Tigerburp

Hi.
I saw this guppy having a hard time swimming, so I seperated her. I medicated with salt, and m. blue, but was not home for 2 days and he is still alive today!
But she is still on her side floating, and has a hard time moving. Before leaving I tried to give her peas. I think she ate some but not a lot. And so Idk what to do at this point ngl. I also did not feed her for 2 days while I was gone and nothing has changed. I will give some peas and hopefully it can help her. But still I am worried about her and I believe she can fight the disease. Does anyone have any medicine for swim bladder or Idk why she is on her side floating .
Do a episome salt bath

Aquaticguy

Do a episome salt bath
Does it have to be Episome salt? I have aquarium salt and I do not bath the fish. I add the salt and wait for 3-5 days. If the fish does not get better, I do a wc and than salt again.

Tigerburp

U
Does it have to be Episome salt? I have aquarium salt and I do not bath the fish. I add the salt and wait for 3-5 days. If the fish does not get better, I do a wc and than salt again.
Yes epsom salt has mineral which aid in swim bladder

Aquaticguy

I do not have epsom salt right now. Can aquarium salt still work? Or something else until I get epsom salt

Tigerburp

I do not have epsom salt right now. Can aquarium salt still work? Or something else until I get epsom salt
Aquarium salt might help to a certain extent but definitely get epsom ASAP

Aquaticguy

Which epsom salt do u use? Can I use any or are there specific ones for aquariums. I looked at amazon and found some but not sure which.

Tigerburp

Which epsom salt do u use? Can I use any or are there specific ones for aquariums. I looked at amazon and found some but not sure which.
Check the mineral content like magnesium that kind of thing

Aquaticguy

So you're saying fish can live with magnesium? OR should I find a product that does not have magnesium

Tigerburp

So you're saying fish can live with magnesium? OR should I find a product that does not have magnesium
Ok so epsom salt is basically magnesium sulfate so look out for that. And if you want to be safe get it from a trusted LFS

Aquaticguy

Oh ok thanks!

Aquaticguy

Update: Aight so I just did a WC and fed her some peas. She has a hard time eating though.

Tigerburp

Update: Aight so I just did a WC and fed her some peas. She has a hard time eating though.
Did she at least eat some?

Aquaticguy

Did she at least eat some?
I squished the peas in water and got them with a tube and tried to feed the fish. She ate some I think but very little bit. Maybe if I added all of what she ate, it would be size of 2 ants.

Tigerburp

I squished the peas in water and got them with a tube and tried to feed the fish. She ate some I think but very little bit. Maybe if I added all of what she ate, it would be size of 2 ants.
At least she is eating always a good sign

Aquaticguy

At least she is eating always a good sign
Ye but she is literally on her side floating and I can't get epsom salt today and possibly tomorrow. I also added a little bit more salt after the water change. I feel like she is actually suffering and there is a possible chance that she can go back to normal when I get epsom salt. I don't even know if epsom salt will really cure because she looks pretty in a bad condition. Though the good news is that she eats a little bit of peas. Idk if that much will really help but still I will not give up.

Tigerburp

Ye but she is literally on her side floating and I can't get epsom salt today and possibly tomorrow. I also added a little bit more salt after the water change. I feel like she is actually suffering and there is a possible chance that she can go back to normal when I get epsom salt. I don't even know if epsom salt will really cure because she looks pretty in a bad condition. Though the good news is that she eats a little bit of peas. Idk if that much will really help but still I will not give up.
Epsom salt can do wonders

Aquaticguy

Hi!
I'm sorry your fish isn't doing well.
I'm kind of surprised no one has asked about your set up.
Tank size, tank mates, water parameters,maybe a picture that sort of information would be helpful.
After a fish has been like this for several days, sadly, it's hard to bring them back.

Edit:
Is this the same guppy?
Ich on guppy???? | Freshwater Fish Disease and Fish Health Forum | 509497
Oh my tank is 16 gallons with 2x the filtration of the volume. It is home to 9 neon tetras, 8-9 adult guppies and a ton of guppy fry. I will give the guppy fry to my friend when they grow up or just sell them. And no its not the same guppy but that guppy literally got ick again after treating so I treated the whole tank with salt and I do wc every 3-4 days. Oh and the guppy with the swim bladder seem to almost die. I don't think she can be cured that easily. This happened to me in the past with another female guppy and she got cured so fast the first day, then she got worse again. I hate this disease and It made me quit the hobby for like 3 weeks when the first fish died. I had no med back then and these things can happen:/

Dunk2

Oh my tank is 16 gallons with 2x the filtration of the volume. It is home to 9 neon tetras, 8-9 adult guppies and a ton of guppy fry. I will give the guppy fry to my friend when they grow up or just sell them. And no its not the same guppy but that guppy literally got ick again after treating so I treated the whole tank with salt and I do wc every 3-4 days. Oh and the guppy with the swim bladder seem to almost die. I don't think she can be cured that easily. This happened to me in the past with another female guppy and she got cured so fast the first day, then she got worse again. I hate this disease and It made me quit the hobby for like 3 weeks when the first fish died. I had no med back then and these things can happen:/

In her post above, Lucy had asked about your water parameters. Do you have a test kit?

Aquaticguy

In her post above, Lucy had asked about your water parameters. Do you have a test kit?
Oh yea sorry I forgot lol. My parameters: 0amm 0nitrite and 15-30 nitrate. I will buy a better test kit soon though.

Dunk2

Oh yea sorry I forgot lol. My parameters: 0amm 0nitrite and 15-30 nitrate. I will buy a better test kit soon though.
If you feel like you don’t have a good test kit, it’s definitely worth the cost and one of the most important things you can have as a fish keeper.

When a fish is acting different, the first thing we should rule out as a potential problem IMO is water quality. The test kit could actually save you money on unnecessary or inappropriate medications. Unless you know exactly what you’re medicating for, a fish shouldn’t be medicated IMO.

Finally, about the peas. . . Before feeding them to your fish again, I’d suggest you spend a couple minutes of your time on research.

Sorry if I missed how your fish is doing?

Aquaticguy

If you feel like you don’t have a good test kit, it’s definitely worth the cost and one of the most important things you can have as a fish keeper.

When a fish is acting different, the first thing we should rule out as a potential problem IMO is water quality. The test kit could actually save you money on unnecessary or inappropriate medications. Unless you know exactly what you’re medicating for, a fish shouldn’t be medicated IMO.

Finally, about the peas. . . Before feeding them to your fish again, I’d suggest you spend a couple minutes of your time on research.

Sorry if I missed how your fish is doing?
Couple min? I did a toon of research on this disease. But the problem is that my fish can't reach the food that easily and so that's kinda why I medicate. Oh and yes right now my pet store does not have a good test kit. I am gonna buy ammonia test kit from API, or from somewhere else. I think my test kit is not too bad. I just said maybe its not the best test kit, but I will buy a new one.

Dunk2

Couple min? I did a toon of research on this disease. But the problem is that my fish can't reach the food that easily and so that's kinda why I medicate. Oh and yes right now my pet store does not have a good test kit. I am gonna buy ammonia test kit from API, or from somewhere else. I think my test kit is not too bad. I just said maybe its not the best test kit, but I will buy a new one.
How’s your fish doing?

Aquaticguy

How’s your fish doing?
She is breathing very slowly and she is on her side. I will try to send a pic when I get home.

Dunk2

She is breathing very slowly and she is on her side. I will try to send a pic when I get home.
Is she swimming at all or on her side all the time?

Sorry if I missed this too along the way. . . How often and how much water are you changing?

A201 Any ideas?

Aquaticguy

Is she swimming at all or on her side all the time?

Sorry if I missed this too along the way. . . How often and how much water are you changing?

A201 Any ideas?
She is always on her side. I may get epsom salt today and I do a few jars of water change 2 days ago. Since its like only 1-2 gallon tank, I do small frequent water changes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aquaticguy
Replies
Views
Frisbee
Replies
Views
ClaraZ
Replies
Views