Guppy moving weirdly

zeezMOG

So yesterday I found my female guppy stuck in one of my plastic plants so I freed it, but I’m not sure how long it was there for, she started to swim a little wonky and I think some other guppies nipped on her tail a bit, so I decided to move her from my 3 gallon that has about literally 50 other guppies to my 20 gallon which has only 10 other fish considering the water might be cleaner and the fish weren’t bothering her there and that might heal faster, couple hours later a red dot appeared on her belly a couple hours after that I found her swimming like this
So I thought oh ok she’ll die soon but she’s been like this alive for the past 5 hours even when I turned off the lights for bed time she slept, and woke up when I filmed her under the flashlight, so I hope you can help figure it out, thanks in advance

Yeoy

She looks very unwell. Likely she got stuck and has damaged her spine or tail severely.

If she isn't better by the morning, I'd probably euthanise a fish that looked that unwell. Never flush a fish, but you can read up on methods like using clove oil to do it in a pain free way.

Upvote 0

EdmGuppyGal

She looks very unwell. Likely she got stuck and has damaged her spine or tail severely.

If she isn't better by the morning, I'd probably euthanise a fish that looked that unwell. Never flush a fish, but you can read up on methods like using clove oil to do it in a pain free way.
Yes, never ever flush a fish! Under any circumstance. Put its corpse in the garbage or bury it in the garden. If it was a really special fish you can plant a nice flower over its burial spot in its memory.
How is your fish doing, did she survive??

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Lprit
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Stripedbass
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank Stuck Guppy
  • randomfishpersonok
  • Guppy