guppy missing !! Help 

lucky strike 21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello everyone I was out of town for like 3 days I got back and one of my guppies is missing I moved all decorations looked in filter every possible place he vanished into thin air can anyone help me out I don't think my other fish ate him I have 5 neon tetras 1 rosy tetra 1 female guppy the male guppy disappeard its a 40 gallon

lllllblader

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Look behind the tank, maybe he jumped out. But I dont think its common for guppies to jump out. Maybe he was stressed?

Yeoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
When fish die they lose a lot of colour quite quickly. He could be very pale/pink/white and hidden under a rock or decoration? They can be hard to see.

Also, even though your other fish are friendly, dead fish can become food. It is unlikely they would have eaten him all though.

I have had fish 'go missing' for a week or more and then turn up alive and well though Fingers crossed for a happy reunion!

lucky strike 21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well I'll keep looking hopefully he's fine

lllllblader

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah my guppy had a filter accident and died today It was almost impossible to find him.

lucky strike 21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Still no luck I've checked the filter and :'''(everywhere this sucks

lucky strike 21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
lllllblader said:
Yeah my guppy had a filter accident and died today It was almost impossible to find him.
I'm sorry about your guppy Im still looking for mine : (

ralph113

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
jesraz said:
under the gravel........ it happened to me before.... he was stressed and buried himself.. buts its gna be hard cuz u have a 40gal.. it was hard for me in a 10 gal..

deon junior

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
i lost a full grown swordtail in my 40gl once, it turned out she was such a similar color to my gravel i couldnt even see her even when i moved the decorations

scarlett4410

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They may of nibbled at him but there should still be remains , as they said they can lose colours so i would look in all the plants and substrate as he may be hiding , i had the same experience as yeoy after 2 weeks he just appered back but i have had some get stuck in the filter

I hope you find him and hes okay fingers crossed !

lllllblader

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
jesraz said:
I know it's sad But I hope your guppy is just hiding!

Best of luck, Alex

lucky strike 21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well I spent all day looking around the tank in the gravel in the filter looked in every inch of the tank and no sign of guppy well I won't gve up I'm sorry everyone about your fish it sucks when they pass away I got attached to my guppy well I hope he's in a better place if hes gone

lucky strike 21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
well that does it my other guppy vanished too what is going on this makes no sense she was there yesterday and today shes gone

lllllblader

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Maybe they are hiding? If it was male and female, it's possible that they are mating.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom