Guppy - internal parasite?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by mmolitor87, Dec 19, 2012.

1. mmolitor87

mmolitor87Well Known MemberMember

I'm cycling a tank with TSS and 4 guppies. I don't intend for them to be in the tank for the long haul but I don't want a fish to suffer either. I noticed one of them wasn't quite as strong as the others, always hiding and barely eating. Tonight I noticed clear poo! Not a good sign!

Guppy transferred to tupperware without any trouble (I know they can kinda be dumb but this was clearly not right) and poo still attached.

IMG_20121219_212926.jpg
    IMG_20121219_212946.jpg

Opinions?

2. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

If I can net a fish without the fish knowing, I cull it. To me that says it is so bad that it is completely unaware of its surroundings.

3. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Yup...euthanasia. Nevermind, just checked the tupperwear and the guppy is dead anyways. :/ Poor lil thing.

4. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

Sad, but I concur. That one's too far gone. If it were rare, expensive, or especially beloved, you might try to treat it, but I wouldn't under the circumstances. You may wish to purchase some Tetra Parasite Guard for the rest of the tank (does not appear to harm BB.)

5. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

They seem perfectly fine to me and their poor remains normal. :) I plan on only have shrimp in there for a while after TSS is done, and the parasites won't effect them and just die off. I can't get endlers from cichlidnut until april/may anyways since he can't ship until the weather gets better.

6. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Good plan! I was going to suggest watching the remaining guppys and possibly treating the tank. If it were internal parasites the others have been exposed to the parasites.

7. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

It might sound mean but I just need them for their poo. :p lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice