Guppy Interbreeding

ALLIROO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
How does breeding multiple types of guppie strains together? I have some different colored guppies and was wondering what the fry may look like... would they come out brown and not that great, would it pick up the coloration of one parent, would it be a mix? Thanks in advance!

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They'll be a mix. If the parents are pure bred, the cry will be a mix of the parents but if the parents are mixed themselves, the fry will be a mix of all the genes from the parents

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got *dang* lucky with a case like that. I'd bought three feeder girls that had fry a week later. One of the females had a bit of a yellow snakeskin tail but the other was completely colourless. One of the fry that survived was male and turned out to be a gourgous vibrant yellow snakeskin. It was kinda obvious what daddy looked like on that one. And then I think my shrimp got him...

ALLIROO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I got *dang* lucky with a case like that. I'd bought three feeder girls that had fry a week later. One of the females had a bit of a yellow snakeskin tail but the other was completely colourless. One of the fry that survived was male and turned out to be a gourgous vibrant yellow snakeskin. It was kinda obvious what daddy looked like on that one. And then I think my shrimp got him...
Sad to hear

They'll be a mix. If the parents are pure bred, the cry will be a mix of the parents but if the parents are mixed themselves, the fry will be a mix of all the genes from the parents
Thanks!

It will be most likely be a mix.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom