Guppy inactive and not eating

Smedley

Recently I’ve gotten six guppies for my aquarium, three boys and three girls. I purchased the group around a week ago from my local fish shop, who cares a lot about the health of his fish. Our parameters also match up pretty well. But over the past three days my green cobra male has been very inactive, sitting at the top of the tank between pothos roots and breathing heavily, he doesn’t eat either. He was very active at the start, and the other five continue to be healthy and happy. The tank is cycled, with beneficial bacteria added as well.
My water is at 29/28 degrees, quite warm but the last few days have been very hot, it’s usually around 26/27. PH is 7.3, nitrates are at 2.0, KH is at 12, GH is at 12, and ammonia is at 0. I add Rooibos tea to stain the water. He’s very hidden so I don’t think I can get a good photo of him, but his colours are bright. He doesn’t have any visible problems, no dropsy, ich, etc. He doesn’t get pestered by any other males, one panda and one red coral. They get fed Hikari fancy guppy granules, tropical flake, and frozen bloodworms. Everyone takes to the food but him.
I’d really appreciate any help, I understand he’s still very new to the tank, but I hate to see him so down, if there’s anything I can do to help him I’d really like advice.

Tank is 130L, three quarters filled.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 4

Prevail

Could you filll out the emergency template? I don't see any immediate rpoblems with your husbandry though from the information you have provided, maybe treat with aquarium salt?

WRWAquarium

I work in a fish store and I'd say on average 2 guppies die a day. Weak genetics i think. Cobras seem a frail stain. I know when fish will die the day/s before ... As you describe.. Fish at the surface or bottom, little movement, no interest in food.

Orders from different suppliers usually have same result. 1 lyre tail/endler looking type of guppies in stock currently seem hardy and none have died since they came in. A good gene pool there perhaps.

This is stock from UK wholesale distributors. I W/C and test store water weekly. All parameters are within range including an oxygen test, PH of 8 and good for livebearer hardness of 9DKH 14DGH.

Hope yours recovers.

Smedley

Thanks so much for the help, I ended up putting him in a quarantine tank of sorts with some salt. He ended up passing away during the night, hopefully he went peacefully. I appreciate the help guys, and thanks Prevail, I’ll fill that out in the future.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies
Views
e_watson09
  • Question
2 Gallon Tank Suddenly inactive Betta
Replies
Views
Broggy