Guppy Identification

PotatoYourPotato

I have these two guppy but don’t know what type they are.
B8AD913E-103E-452D-B9F4-CC2CC1F03B9C.jpeg

Flyfisha

Hi PotatoYourPotato
There may be guppy groups in the US that are establishing a list of names. My understanding is that unlike the names for betta there is no international standard? I think the common names change from country to country? I could be wrong?

50+ Different Types of Guppies (With Pictures)
A link for tail types .

And another for some of the colours.
Types of Guppies - The guppy (Poecilia reticulata), also known as millionfish and rainbow fish,… | Aquarium fish, Freshwater aquarium fish, Tropical freshwater fish

You would have to join a local club to be certain the names are used in your state?

I can tell you exactly what we call those guppies in Australia. Put simply they are just called imports in my town . I know that is not the answer you are after.

MyFishAddiction

Those kinda look like a Tequila Sunrise Delta Guppy | fish Goldfish, Betta & More | PetSmart which are sold at my petsmart.
Or maybe they are mutts, (assorted/fancy) with no certain breed.
I agree with Macz, you should ask a local group.

HupGuppHup

I might have seen one like that referred to as a Firetail

emeraldking

Well, a better picture from the side of both male and female would make things more clear. But from this picture I do see that both are blonde based. And the male shows tuxedo on his body. The tails look orange-red. If this is correct, than these are tuxedo red (or orange) guppies. This is not a commercial name but a name that goes around in the serious guppy world.

I do have to make a remark about what's been mentioned in this topic about that there's supposedly no standard in guppy naming. There is a standard for names in the serious guppy world. Mostly they are called differently in the commercial world. But those who are familiar in the serious guppy scene, know that we handle standard names for guppy phenotypes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• MangoPineapple
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
emeraldking
  • Question
  • AutisticFishBlog
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
YellowGuppy