guppy help ASAP!

1. petaddiction

petaddiction Well Known Member Member

So I got 4 endler hybrids and 2 guppies on Sunday. All males. The endler hybrids and one of the guppies are all over. Super happy. getting along.
    Ever since I added all the fish to my tank, the other guppy has hung out by himself a lot. Occasionally he will interact with the other fish but he mostly stays towards the top alone. He has been staying in one spot in the corner at the top lately. If he isn't there he is usually at the top moving verrrryyyy slowly.
    Should I be worried about him or am I just worried over nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

well right after I posted this, I went to go check on them bc I had an urge something was wrong. so I turned on the tank light and saw him acting weird. Then he plunged to the bottom and hit the bottom then he turned upside down and couldn't get up. At first he was moving a little bit(while still upside down) and then he stayed still. He wouldn't move and looked quite dead so I took him out with my net and his gills weren't moving.
    So he is dead.

I really need someone's help to figure out if he was sick and if it will spread to my other fish. Thanks..

2. jcmguy

jcmguy Valued Member Member

Sounds like a case of stress. I've never heard of a disease that will make your fish suicide bomb your gravel. The guppy was probably stressed and jittery and just darted when you checked on him and that was the last little push his heart could give.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Did he look a bit darker than the rest?

3. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

Well he looks different from the rest so yes he was darker but that's only because of the blue coloration he has...had.

4. f

fishguy1955 New Member Member

I advise watching your remaining fish closely and not introducing any new fish for a couple weeks. It is about all you can do since at this point you do not have any identifiable disease to treat. When you do get more fish I suggest quarantine for a couple weeks just to prevent actually introducing disease.

5. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

yeah these are actually my first fish I got for this tank. I decided not to QT them because they would be the only fish in the tank and they all came from the same water anyways. So i could just treat them all together if needed.

6. jcmguy

jcmguy Valued Member Member

One time I bought two fish that were supposedly the same and looked alike. But by time I arrived home they looked completely different. One was dark, the other light. The dark one died of stress in two days. I wouldnt worry too much about it. But yes. Be ready to treat and keep an eye on them sincr they are new fish.

7. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

sigh I hope they are ok. I've only had them for a couple days yet I'm already attached to them.

8. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Just keep an eye on everyone. Likely that particular boy just had trouble adjusting to your water.

9. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

I hope so. I really don't want to have to deal with a disease.

10. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

An endler died. When I went to get a net to get him out, my phone fell and cracked. I have great luck, don't I? Sigh.
    I need to figure out what's wrong with my fish. Should I be worried now that an endler died as well?

11. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

:( that's horrible.

12. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

I don't know what to do about my fish.
    And my phone looks terrible. I just want to go hide and cry.

13. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

So sorry about this rough time for your fish and you :(

14. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

Thanks. Do you think they have a disease or something? :(

15. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

There is definitely some kind of sickness, but I cannot tell at this point if it is viral, bacterial, or a parasite. Have you had a chance to talk to the LFS you got them from?

Basically, all fish they come through tags are going to be compromised in one way or another. It is the nature of human intervention. Generally, with appropriate water and a low stress environment, hardier fish such as wild type guppies and Endler's should do fine. Shipping, however, and possibly overcrowding at some stage in their lives can bring on problems.

The most you can do, is stay on top of the removal of dead fish, dose with Amquel plus for emergency control of water parameters rather than stressing out the fish with large water changes, and try not to watch them too closely.

I know that telling people not to watch their fish too closely when they are sick sounds counterintuitive, but I have found that it helps me to stay calmer. And a stressed-out fish keeper only stresses out the fish more. So if you can, go for a walk, Cuddle someone furry if you find that calming, Do some yoga if you are flexible, find a soothing and healthy activity that reduces your anxiety levels for a bit.

16. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

What is happening to the fish before they die? Can you get pictures of anyone who appears sick?

17. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

Before they die, they swim by themselves and dont really interact with the others. None of them are sick right now so no pictures of sick fish.