Guppy Having Problems!

Redtail

Aquarium 120 lt,
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
ph 8
Temperature 90 F
3 guppies, 1 pleco ,1 baby redtail shark, 1 synodontis catfish.
One of the guppies, that recently had 20 fry, does not seem well. She is sitting still and does not swim. I cannot tell what is wrong. If anyone has an idea what's wrong please help.

qldmick

well I can't see your pictures but I don't know why but this is not the first time someone has posted that they have 0 nitrate in an established tank. the tank is either brand new and has no cycle whatsoever or theirs problems with your readings. an established tank always has nitrates and its suppose to.

Redtail

qldmick said:
well I can't see your pictures but I don't know why but this is not the first time someone has posted that they have 0 nitrate in an established tank. the tank is either brand new and has no cycle whatsoever or theirs problems with your readings. an established tank always has nitrates and its suppose to.
Let me upload the measurement results from 5 minutes ago. ( the ph is somewhere close to 8, I think it is measured incorrectly from the app that I use to read the test)
Also the guppy is getting worse .

JamieLu

Why is your temp at 90F? That's very warm. The pics aren't working tho so hard to tell

Crazycoryfishlady

The photos work on the app. Only mobile and desktop can't see them supposedly.

90 is very hot indeed, guppies lives are drastically reduced once you start getting into the high 80's
86 is treatment temperature, so for the most part below that is acceptable.
Even bettas don't really need 90, and get pretty stressed as that's 10 whole degrees hotter than they need.

90-110 is enough to cook food within a span of some hours. There is a method of heat bathing sealed meats.

Therefore it's enough to start harming your fish as they live in it for an extended period of time.

Another member said that They had either done tests or found research saying that once you push guppies into the 80s not the 90s, that it lessens their life span to 1.5 years, but living in cooler tropical conditions allow them to live their full 2-3 year life if not longer.

Redtail

Crazycoryfishlady said:
The photos work on the app. Only mobile and desktop can't see them supposedly.

90 is very hot indeed, guppies lives are drastically reduced once you start getting into the high 80's
86 is treatment temperature, so for the most part below that is acceptable.
Even bettas don't really need 90, and get pretty stressed as that's 10 whole degrees hotter than they need.

90-110 is enough to cook food within a span of some hours. There is a method of heat bathing sealed meats.

Therefore it's enough to start harming your fish as they live in it for an extended period of time.

Another member said that They had either done tests or found research saying that once you push guppies into the 80s not the 90s, that it lessens their life span to 1.5 years, but living in cooler tropical conditions allow them to live their full 2-3 year life if not longer.
Yes, to be exact it is 86 F. I don't know if I can drop the temperature permanently, because the summer here is really hot.

e_watson09

Redtail said:
Yes, to be exact it is 86 F. I don't know if I can drop the temperature permanently, because the summer here is really hot.
You may need to look into fans for the top of the water, that temp is way too hot for most fish long term.

w3amz

The body on the guppy doesn't look well at all. It looks kind of deformed. Wasting away disease perhaps? Guppies like to be around 76 - 78 F. Only certain species of fish can handle water as warm as yours is.

Redtail

w3amz said:
The body on the guppy doesn't look well at all. It looks kind of deformed. Wasting away disease perhaps? Guppies like to be around 76 - 78 F. Only certain species of fish can handle water as warm as yours is.
You are right, and this body deformation began two days ago. However the rest of the fish don't have signs of disease.
Also my 18 guppy fry seem healthy.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom