Guppy Girl Split Tail Help

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Billy T, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Billy T

Billy TValued MemberMember

i have 2 females and a male in an uncycled tank. I’ve had it about 3 weeks now. 1 female is constantly harassed by the male. I brought an ornament and some filter media and gravel from another tank to try and help cycle but anyways, the harassed female took to liking the ornament, thought it was a good hiding spot. The problem the other female has since claimed it. Anytime the other is in it she goes in and kicks her out. I’ve since noticed her tail is split, this can’t be good with the tank still trying to cycle. Any helpful hints? Should I remove the ornament? And water changes I don’t mind doing I’ll do however many as possible but I know this will make the cycling process difficult, but I don’t wanna lose my girl

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
  2. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

A lot of my guppies have split tails from fights/ scrapes, and it hasn't really been an issue. In fact my alpha male guppy has had a massive chunk of his tail gone since I bought him and I've had no problems!

3. OP
    OP
    Billy T

Good to hear

4. jennlovie

jennlovieNew MemberMember

try adding more hiding places so they dont have to fight over one, one if my females is more picked on than the other as well i think thats common lol

5. OP
    OP
    Billy T

Was thinking the same, bought a floating log, added a 3-way pvc pipe piece. They don’t use this log piece that sits at the bottom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice