guppy fry

justaplayr

Reaction score
One of my guppies are in the process of having her fry at this moment. Yippy! I am so excited! I have been waiting for her to have her fry anyday now for about a week and a half. So far, she has only had one, but I'm keeping a close eye on her. I'm excited, because I just had 2 platties have their fry in the last couple of days, so I can't wait to add these new fry into the nursery with the other ones!

justaplayr

Reaction score
Ok, I'm beginning to wonder!  It's been over an hour since I noticed the fry in the breeder box, and my guppy still hasn't had anymore.  Looking at the fry closer, it looks more like a platty fry.  I'm wondering if it could be possible that it is a platty fry that somehow made it into the breeder box?  I'm still finding platty fry in the larger aquarium, and the reason is, I didn't catch my platty until she had released almost all of her fry. Question is, If it is a platty fry, how did it make it into the breeder box?  The world may never know.  Hmmm, I'll keep everyone updated.

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
how odd! so has the guppy had any fry yet?!

justaplayr

Reaction score
Nope, she still hasn't had any fry yet. I'm still waiting. It should really be any day now. She was the first guppy that I got and I've had her for a little over a month.

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
good luck, hope u willl get your fries soon...............

justaplayr

Reaction score
:'(      I came home yesterday morning and found that my prego guppy had died.  I'm not sure what happened to her.  I had her in a breeder box and she seemed fine.  She wasn't stressed.  I know alot of people don't like breeder boxes, but the one I have is pretty big.  You can fit 2 fish in there comfortably.  It even has a divider for them.  It also has its own filter on it.  But she was the only one in there so there was lots of room.  She had been in there for about 2 weeks.  So I don't know what happened to her.   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sorry for your fish. did u check if the guppy gave birth to any babies? sometimes mom guppies die after giving birth.................

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
justaplayr said:
:'( I came home yesterday morning and found that my prego guppy had died. I'm not sure what happened to her. I had her in a breeder box and she seemed fine. She wasn't stressed. I know alot of people don't like breeder boxes, but the one I have is pretty big. You can fit 2 fish in there comfortably. It even has a divider for them. It also has its own filter on it. But she was the only one in there so there was lots of room. She had been in there for about 2 weeks. So I don't know what happened to her. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
did she have red around her gills? & the water chemistry's good? sadly, sometimes the pregnancy can just be too much for a livebearer. I'm sorry to hear that she passed on.

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sometimes they just get so stressed out and die as a result. Sorry to hear about that. How are the platy fry doing?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom