guppy fry

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by seanieboy, Apr 4, 2010.

1. s

seanieboy New Member Member

hi All.
    is it safe to put new born guppy fry in with month old guppy fry,the month old fry seems quite big i have 18 of them in a large seperate tank,just a bit concerned as 3 of my guppys are pregnant,one is about to pop and not sure if ok to have all different ages of fry altogther.
    thank you

2. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

I think you should be okay to mix them, aslong as the smaller ones won't fiti n the larger ones mouths then they will be fine :)

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Seanieboy and Welcome to Fish Lore,

:animal0068:I've moved your thread to the Live Bearers/Guppy section of the forum.

I hope you enjoy the site!
    Ken

4. OP
    OP
    s

many thanks for reply platy ben.thanks aquarist 48.great site..got so many helpful tips.

5. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

agreed with above, should be fine, I have 2 week old /1 month old/6 week old mix of platy and guppy fry all together and they seem to get along well. The smaller ones tend to stay on the bottom and near the plants and the larger ones like to hang out mid/top of the tank.

6. redlessi

redlessi Well Known Member Member

I have a tank full of guppies including fry of different ages. I have java moss floating and some other real floating plants with some fake one for hiding spots. After a while it seems like none of the fish pay any attention to the babies. They will be everywhere. They dont even hide now.

Good Luck.

7. OP
    OP
    s

many thanks for replys..i put them all in together and they all seem fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice