Guppy fry

sjripke

I am currently vacuuming/cleaning out my hospital tank to replace it as my fry tank. The fish that were in it had cotton mouth, and fungus eating at them. Do I have to do a thorough cleaning of the tank after I vacuumed it 70% or can I add water to the water that is already in it(30%), get it flowing, then add my fry? Should I get rid of everything that was in it and start new?

HupGuppHup

Well I'd clean it as thoroughly as reasonably possible and then add salt, since guppies do well with salt.

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

ya cleen it, fry are susceptible to dessert. And make sure you are grinding there food up as there mouths are tiny!

Upvote 0

sjripke

ya cleen it, fry are susceptible to dessert. And make sure you are grinding there food up as there mouths are tiny!
Thank you. I have first bites for them. Smells horrible but they seem to love it! My other guppy just popped out some more fry. So now I have different-sized fry on my hands. I noticed at about a month they try to eat the "adult" fish food. It's an interesting experience. :)

Upvote 0

sjripke

add some Indian almond leaves or cattapa leaves if you can. they will release tannins. They are known to have antibacterial and anti fungal properties.
I used to have a few in there. I guess I just forgot about them and always wondered if they really worked. I'll buy some more and throw them in. Thanks! All my fry are in there and they're doing great. A new batch of fry just came in today too. She only ate one of them, and the male ate one so I put her in the breeding tank. I'm going to take her out when I get home. She should be close to done now.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Baiulus
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Baiulus
  • Question
  • ziyi1010
  • Guppy
Replies