Question Guppy fry: when can i give them away?

allamericangirl

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi, i have had fish for around 11 years. My female fancy guppy gave birth to 3 sets of fry (Apr. 20, May 1, and May 9) and i have a few friends that are interested. I have never had guppy fry before and i can't find on the internet when i can give them away or put them in a new tank.

Does anyone know when i can give them away?
Does anyone know where i can sell them?

allamericangirl

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ok, i was thinking about that. i didn't know if they would take them, how much they would pay, etc. i will check out several LPS.

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
They can take them for store credit usally But they dont sell very much much because there are very common.

Chris

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Unless you have a rare (or better, unique) breed, you're going to have issues selling them anywhere, whether it's online or at a pet store. I've even seen Petsmarts breeding their own fancy (another word for "common" in this case) guppies, because it's so ridiculously easy to do.
As far as when you can sell them, I've had fry that were less than half an inch long shipped to me. They were in the box for 2-3 days, and did absolutely fine. It's usually easier to sell them once you can differentiate genders, however.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom