Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Guppy Fry Experiment 20 Gallon Tank

1. Daigu

Daigu New Member Member

So It looks like both girls I got were pregnant I'm sure starfire ate most of them because she was darting around the 20L before i pulled her out. 11 of the fry survived and Being tight on cash i didn't have the money to get traditional fry food. I only have Seachem Nutridiet I've been using it to raise the fry as it can be crumbled to their bite size and so far it's been working and they have never been able to get enough of it. as you can see 5 weeks in still growing and some of their colors are coming out. The Ghost shrimp have left them a lone and lucky for me the corys left them alone XD.

2. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Cories shouldn't not be able to eat live fish, if they are fed they shouldn't really bother dead fish either. I don't know who told you that cories would eat fry, but their mouths are not equipped for that, my adults can't even suck up full sized frozen mysis shrimp without missing part of it.

3. OP
    OP
    Daigu

Daigu New Member Member

People just state that other fish will see the fry as food , so i assumed it cories would see them as food also. . I'm sure that if they stayed close to the substrate often they could be easy pickings. I've heard of certain types of shrimp making snacks of fry also.

4. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Whisker and hungry ghost or amanos with weak fish (no seriously any fish that is sick don't keep it with amanos they will eat it), but i figured your guppy fry were fat and happy with the high quality diet you have them on.

5. OP
    OP
    Daigu

Daigu New Member Member

well comes with study XD, feed em 4-8 times a day i've slowed down since as they have grown. but still fa t and happy.

Advertising