Guppy Fin Problems

capper

Reaction score
We have 4 beautiful tanks; a 46 gallon, 16g, 6g, and 2 gallon. Our 46 gallon is a community tank with a lot of plant life, several tetras, many young guppies, 3 platies, a few cories, and a pleco. In addition, we have a few different species of shrimp. Our 16g (also well-planted) has 3 hockey sticks (Penguin fish), 3 platies, 2 adult guppies, a few young guppies, some cories, and a pleco. In addition, we also have some shrimp. Our 6g houses several guppy fry, some shrimp, and a small pleco. Our 2 gallon is only a shrimp tank.

2 problems I wanted to mention...

Just over a week ago we noticed that one of the adult male guppies had a shredded tail in our 16g tank. I think the hockey sticks may have been the culprit as they tend to be a bit aggressive and territorial. Anyway, with great concern, I decided to move the damaged guppy into our 46 gallon, hoping that he would recover. He's been in there for over a week and doesn't seem to be improving. I was wondering what we should do.

Also, we have been trying to breed shrimp in our 2 gallon tank without any fish present that may eat the babies. However, it seems we have had more luck bredding in our other tanks with fish rather than in out tiny 2 gallon shrimp only tank. Any suggestions?

Furthermore, we have SO many guppy fry that we are going to have to return some to a petshop to give them another home. Even with our 4 tanks, we won't have room for the growing fish.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you have a spare tank that you could put the guppie into, so you could treet it for finrot? You could use Melafix. It is good with finrot.

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom