Important Guppy emergency

red020804

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
sorry dont have a pic but one of my guppies tail looks like it has bubbles on it. its gross. is that fin rot? what is it? should i isolate? i need immediate answers plz

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sounds like it could be start of something...without a pic its hard to say....with only 4 males, could they be picking on eachother? is the tank still cycling? the ammonia/nitrites could be playing an effect also....if you can get some prime or amquel+ and continue daily partial water changes with one of those, id see how he does with that....once the tank is cycled, it may go away on its own.....

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I agree. If you can get your hands on some vita-chem (usually online), it would do no harm either. It's fab for fins. Don't worry if you can't find it, Shawnie's advice is great to follow!

red020804

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
yeah i wish i could give you a pic but he doesnt stop swimming. lol. We use Prime every water change. I dont think our tank has ever fully cycled. ammonia issue. other then his tailing looking funky he acts normal. swims constantly. eats well. the night i noticed his tail earlier that day i put AmmoLock in the tank because we havent been able to get rid of the ammonia in the tank. (constant .25) I know ammolock doesnt get rid of ammonia but it makes it non toxic for the fish. Also on Sunday we lost one of our guppies. dont know why. He had a huge stomach for months. nothing sticking out of him and i feed them peas once a week for the last month. he shrank slightly but was still big. i think whatever was going on with him finally tooks its toll. The week or two before that we lost a molly. we examined both fish once out of the tank and on the outside they looked perfectly normal so i dont know if there is some unknown disease going on or what but im tired of losing fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom