Guppy Does Not Look Right

Discussion in 'Rainbowfish' started by Tim Dobson, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Tim Dobson

Tim Dobson New Member Member

Need a bit of advice on this, we noticed one of the female guppy has red like cheeks. Not sure what it is but its gone very red. the picture is not very good i did try my best, any ideas?

DSC_0046.JPG DSC_0045.JPG

2. Caitlin86

Caitlin86 Well Known Member Member

Parameters? Tank size?

3. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

It doesn't look that red in the picture. Red in that area is often from high ammonia. Do you know your water parameters?
    She is very light colored, Is it just the gills showing through? In a lot of my light colored fish, I see that showing through. (gold clouds, a betta)

4. Caitlin86

Caitlin86 Well Known Member Member

My orange guppies have red gills as well.

5. OP
    OP
    Tim Dobson

25 litre tank only 3 guppies in there. It is only on the gills done regular wster change 50 to 75% use tap safe. Dosent look to red in pic not very good cam did notice all 3 guppies floating at top in same corner though. Dont seem to want to swim down

6. California L33

California L33 Well Known Member Member

I agree with KimberlyG. If you've got red gills, and especially if you've got fish that want to hang out near the top, you've got to check for ammonia. If you don't have an ammonia test kit don't wait, just change 60% of the water today, and another 60% tomorrow.

7. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Is this a new tank?

8. AquaNoob

AquaNoob Valued Member Member

water parameters, such as nitrates ammonia etc

9. OP
    OP
    Tim Dobson

Ye it's new. I will get ammo tested today and do another water change etc

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice