guppy dilemma

1. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I have 4 males 3 from one batch and 1 smaller from another batch with about 6 adult females and not sure how many juvenile females and the males look like they were driving the fems crazy. I took 2 out of the 72 and put them in the 35 gal and now it looks like they are harassing each other like crazy. It looks like the bigger one is trying to flare and mate with the smaller one. Should I add a few females to the tank with them? Thanks much

2. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Hey Red, sorry you are having trouble.

What are the chances of you separating the males and putting them all in the 35? You could have male/fm only tanks...

As far as the males driving the females its crazy. You seem to have a good ratio so i wouldnt worry unless you see lack of eating...

The females are probably used or will get used to the males.. :;dk

3. redlessi Well Known Member Member

The 2 males I put in the 35, the bigger one looks like he is trying to mate with the other one:;dk:;dk I am considering putting all the males in the 35 but I really wanted to do something else with the tank....................decisions, decisions.............

4. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

here's what i would do:

I'd leave them be. They'll get used to the males, no worry. I'd be worried if i left the larger male bully the little one...

5. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I took the smaller one out and put it back in the 72 gallon.