Guppy died suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khory4611

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Tonight one of my guppies died suddenly. I came home, fed the fish (1 cube of frozen brine shrimp). All was good thus far. My wife fed the fish about a half hour later- one cube of frozen bloodworms. She didn't realize I had fed them already. I walked in before they finished it all. I panicked a little and removed about 25% of it with a net. All the fish seemed fine. 2 hours later I found a guppy dead. He seemed healthy before that. I did notice a small piece of his tail fin missing but nothing too bad.

Did he eat himself to death? Could he have been bullied by other fish? I have 1 angelfish and 2 dwarf gourami that are fairly recent additions to the tank. I have never witnessed any aggressive behaviour though. All water parameters are normal. Any suggestions?

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
maybe it was just old? they dont really live that long. or maybe adding some new fish threw off your water conditions? my guppies all eat like pigs, and pretend like i dont feed them enough, so i ges he could have eaten himself to death, but i've never seen it happen... ???

OP
Khory4611

Khory4611

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don't think he was that old. I only had him about two months. Strangest thing. I've been checking the water frequently. All seems well. I also really don't think they had gotten THAT much food.. It's a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Weekly

Votes: 92 66.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 25 18.0%

Top Bottom