Guppy died suddenly

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Khory4611, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Khory4611

Khory4611New MemberMember

Tonight one of my guppies died suddenly. I came home, fed the fish (1 cube of frozen brine shrimp). All was good thus far. My wife fed the fish about a half hour later- one cube of frozen bloodworms. She didn't realize I had fed them already. I walked in before they finished it all. I panicked a little and removed about 25% of it with a net. All the fish seemed fine. 2 hours later I found a guppy dead. He seemed healthy before that. I did notice a small piece of his tail fin missing but nothing too bad.

Did he eat himself to death? Could he have been bullied by other fish? I have 1 angelfish and 2 dwarf gourami that are fairly recent additions to the tank. I have never witnessed any aggressive behaviour though. All water parameters are normal. Any suggestions?

2. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

maybe it was just old? they dont really live that long. or maybe adding some new fish threw off your water conditions? my guppies all eat like pigs, and pretend like i dont feed them enough, so i ges he could have eaten himself to death, but i've never seen it happen... ???

3. OP
    OP
    Khory4611

Khory4611New MemberMember

I don't think he was that old. I only had him about two months. Strangest thing. I've been checking the water frequently. All seems well. I also really don't think they had gotten THAT much food.. It's a mystery:)

4. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

indeed it is....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice