Guppy Colors

Smith

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi
How fast guppy frys will show their colors? My female guppy delivered a batch of 17 guppy frys a week ago(8days) and I don't bother raising them so I left them in the main tank to eaten up by the adults. But there is no reduction in numbers until now. And today I noticed many of them started getting black color on the tail half of their body and getting black spot on fins and tail. Is it normal to get colors in a week or something gone wrong and they are getting sick. Because I read that it will take 3-4 weeks to develop colors for them. I will try to add a video or photo

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello! Black is the first colour to show up and can even be present at birth, so your guppies are perfectly normal! Most other colours take 2-8 weeks before you can tell what they are going to look like and in some species it takes a full 6 months before their colours stop developing

Good luck and have fun!

Smith

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks Mary. So my most of the frys are black then

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Smith said:
Thanks Mary. So my most of the frys are black then
Well most of your fry have black on them but they may not be a solid black colour. Blacks dn blue, Black and red, black and every colour imaginable.. but yes most will have black on them

Smith

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the info. I noticed that. Many have half part only black like the tail half.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom